Mrs. Ames' Super Firsties
Look What We Are Learning
Inferences and sequencing
- the sounds of /ck/ and s that says /z/
Proper Nouns - Titles
- Addition facts: +1, +2, +3, +4
- Regrouping, tens and ones
- counting by 1's to 120
- counting by 5, 10, and 2's
Science, Health, and Social Studies
- We are working on the life cycle of a sunflower
- Learning about our city, state, country, continents
- Christopher Columbus
Degrees and Certifications:
Hello! I’m Mrs. Ames. I have been a teacher for 25 years and have taught first grade for 24 years. I live in Clay City with my wonderful husband and my cutie patootie dog, Daisy. We have 2 children, Parker and Madelyn.
When I’m not teaching, I love baking, antiquing, gardening, decorating (I want to be just like Joanna Gaines) shopping, eating anything sweet (especially Chocolate cake, snickers, and Diet Dr. Pepper), and spending time with my family.