Mrs. Ames' Super Firsties
This week we will be celebrating our 100th Day of school!!!
Don't forget to bring your 100 pieces of cereal and wear your 100 fashion show item to school on Friday.
Look What We Are Learning
- We will be reading The Class Pet
- Our reading strategy is Fact and Opinion
- Our skill this week is the sound of -or, -ore, and es
- Adding and -s at the end of verbs
- adding 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
- Venn Diagrams
- comparison symbols
- missing addends
- telling time to the hour and half hour
- fact families
- Number bonds
Science, Health, and Social Studies
- Penguins and arctic animals
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Degrees and Certifications:
Hello! I’m Mrs. Ames. I have been a teacher for 24 years and have taught first grade for 23 years. I live in Clay City with my wonderful husband and my cutie patootie dog, Daisy. We have 2 children, Parker, who is currently attending Purdue and Madelyn, who just began her first year at Taylor University.
When I’m not teaching, I love baking, antiquing, gardening, pretending I’m a crafter and decorator (I want to be just like Joanna Gaines) shopping, eating anything sweet, and spending time with my family.