Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve
Who Can Participate?
We encourage student interested in agriculture to participate in FFA. The organization is open to all students, grade 8 through age 21, and is not limited to traditional farming occupation interests. Those interested may contact Mrs. Anna Mundy , room D108.
All students have the opportunity to join the NHS chapter of FFA. Dues for the 2021-22 year will be $50. This covers their national and state membership, t-shirt and monthly subscription to the FFA Horizons magazine. The requirements for membership are
- MUST be passing all classes - especially Ms. A’s!
- Active participation in at least 2 homeroom meetings per month, 2 CDE contest or other chapter sponsored activity and National FFA week each February.
- Every member is REQUIRED to participate in the 2 fund raisers per year – fruit sales mid fall and candle sales in the spring. These funds pay for all member entry fees to contests, fuel and travel expenses and resource materials.
What Does the Northview FFA Chapter Do?
The Northview FFA Chapter is involved in many activities throughout the year.
- October Fruit Sale fundraiser
- Attend the National Convention in Indianapolis, In
- Attend the State Convention at Purdue University
- Host Ag Career Exploration Day for NCMS students sponsored by CC Farm Bureau
- Host NHS Curriculum Fair ‘Barnyard Olympics’ night
- Annual FFA Banquet
- Sponsor speakers on agricultural topics
- Host Ntl Ag Day for CCS elementary students
- Exhibit booth for the Clay County 4-H Fair
- Tractor & Wagon float in the Brazil Christmas Parade
- Officers & Members attend leadership development conferences
- Arbor & Earth Day – tree planting
The Northview FFA Chapter also participates in numerous contests:
- Soil Judging
- Equine judging & Hippology
- Livestock Judging
- Ivy Tech Battle of the Cob & Cog
- Purdue Skillathon
- Indiana Beef Congress
- CCS Science Fair
- AgriScience Fair
- IN Envirothon
Leadership contests include:
- LDW - Leadership Development Workshop (officers only)
- SOAR - freshman & sophemores only
- Creed Speaking
- Parliamentary Procedure
- Employment Skills
- Extemporaneous & Prepared Public Speaking
- AgriScience Fair
Current NHS FFA Chapter calendar of events & Chapter meeting notes:
More About the FFA
- Today, there are 669,989 FFA members, aged 12-21, in 8,630 chapters in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- FFA members are in grades seven through 12 and college.
- More than 13,000 FFA advisors and agriculture teachers deliver an integrated model of Ag Ed.
- The Future Farmers of America was founded in 1928 in Kansas City Missouri.
- The Future Farmers of America name was changed to just "FFA" in 1988.
- The official colors are Corn Gold and National Blue.
- The five degrees of membership are Discover, Greenhand, Chapter, State, & American.
- The national headquarters was in Alexandria, Virginia until June of 1998 when it moved to Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The web address for the National FFA organization is http://www.ffa.org
- The web address for the Indiana FFA organization is http://www.indianaffa.org
Officers for 2021 -2022
President: Violet Keith
Vice Pres: brooklee Bussing
Secretary: Felecity Nuckols
Treasurer: Taylor Young
Reporter: Callie Hogan
Sentinel: Ethan Gonsalves
Check us out on Facebook:
NHS FFA Chapter